Saturday

Cry for me Toronto...no really....cry

I'm in my uncles' kitchen looking outside the window gazing at the beautiful day thats presented outside, birds chirping, kids laughter echoing in the air, women laughing, blazing hot sun on my arms as I'm typing this........Somaliis....left.......right...........centre............next to me...........above me.............around me..............................

Mind you I hate this city with all my heart and soul. I twitch everytime I MUST come here (I love my uncle and his family to death) but hate every single weirdo in this city and for some reason, me and T Dot don't mix.....BUT looking at it today, it looks harmless, just a harmless city right? I should suck it up and face it..........Why do I get this feeling that I'll come back regretting ever stepping into this city?

Update to come tommorrow............

2 Comments:

Blogger q said...

i could understand how somalis at every turn would seem like a scary sight....

but hey! quit hating on the city..give us some credit, once you get passed the staring somalis at every street corner,window, car, bus...etc you'll love the city.

its a beautiful saturday *so far* enjoy it ...away from somalis. ^_^

good luck

1:00 PM  
Blogger Borderless said...

Somali hospitality = very nice
Somali nosiness = not so very nice

I'm not used to living under Big Brother's watchful eye...every corner, every nook and cranny of this city, I spot one....actually a crowd of them.....and you guys are sneaky, alot of you don't even LOOK Somali!!!!!!!!


ps: lot more djiboutians live in this city than expected...


pps: re-fallen angel......Be careful of what you wish for walaalo

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home