Sunday

Peace outweighs


I absolutely loved my trip to Atlanta last month. Something about my relatives there and the city just brought me a sense of calm. GOD bless my fam down there for having opened their homes to us. I've spent many hours in the sun in their backyard just thinking about my life and how much being in ATL nullified my horrendous trip to Toronto.


I just have to mention one thing from my trip, seeing that I've been extremely emotional lately, I might as well share my experience.

I was staying with my uncles' family while in Toronto. I figured since I rarely see them and they are pretty much the only blood relative I have in Canada, I have to pay them a visit.

Now my uncle is known to be a "wadaad" and every phonecall/visit usually involved a 10-30 minutes lecture on wearing the hijab and being a better Muslim. Every time I spoke to him, it only stopped at that topic. "Inshallah, adheer, I will wear the hijab once I have settled my soul" But this visit, opened up a can of worms that unfortunately led me to vow never to visit again.

This is the internet and I will not bash my relatives, but I will say this: Talking down to your relatives about Islam, or any topic, will cause them to resent you AND whatever it is you're lecturing them about.

I am a Muslim first and foremost. Nothing will ever change that. My life is and will always be dedicated to Allah subhanahu waa ta'aalah. I know what my role is as a Muslim woman, daughter, sister and inshallah eventually a wife and mother. I may have made many many many mistakes in my lifetime, but we all know who we have to answer to at the end of all days. I believe in Peace and Sacrifice with all my heart and soul.

I took this picture above in Atlanta, in the backyard of my fam, and this is just a piece of the beauty I expressed and felt on my trip down there. I am grateful for who I have become, I am grateful for my family, I am eternally grateful for everything I was given and everything I can and will provide for others in my future. I wish only that some of my own family members can be grateful for the love in their lives, because once that love is lost, it will be impossible to regain it back.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Rendezvous said...

That was a great blog.I suppose you are a great Muslim lady

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unheardphilosopher said...

Yeah, I feel where you are coming from but if you know your duty as a muslimah then that is most important thing....cool blog sis!!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog u got going.honestly sister, only people who care about u will warn u about the punishment of the hereafter, which is something unimaginable in our tiny brains.akhira is the time when newborns grow grey hair at sight of that day and what is to come, even though they have no sins.sis, dont resent him, am sure you'll understand this later.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home